Click here to download our Home Buyers Guide!
Buying a home is an exciting time in one's life. Making the smart move of choosing a Realtor® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meet your needs. My services and experience range from referring you to the finest lenders to helping you find the DC area home that best suits you and your family to guide you through the entire process of buying or selling DC area real estate. For your convenience, I also provide listings by email. Once we speak and I have a clearcut idea of what you are looking for, you will receive daily or weekly updates on properties. I am proud of my business which is based on referrals, and I know you'll come to understand why.
How I Can Help? Before you start looking. What are Closing Costs? Each jurisdiction requires the buyer and sellers to pay transfer and recordation taxes. The Closing Cost Calculator has been created to provide you with a format for estimating the approximate amount of your closing costs for the purchase of a home in Montgomery County, Maryland, or Washington, D.C. where conventional financing is being used. This calculator will also figure your monthly payments of principal, interest, taxes, and insurance (PITI).
How much can I afford?
As Your Agent, I Will:
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don't pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before it's too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a Realtor® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation, and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
It is important to calculate your monthly expenses and determine what the ratio is between your expenses and the mortgage payment you intend to pay.